Thursday, December 11, 2008
There is always more...sigh
So right now I am in a mad dash to get all of my holiday chores done. I have spent the last two days doing my Christmas cards, we are putting up the tree on Sunday and I have to get everything wrapped by Sunday night too...why you ask? Because my pregnancy with Landree is still trying to kill me!!! I swear I have not met a single other person who has had more issues than me...especially non pregnancy related ones. Really the only pregnancy related issue I had was the gestational diabetes. The crazy rash, well that was just some crappy weird timing. Anyway, I got an IV for re hydration back in July after one of my many bouts of being ill, at that time I told the nurse my IV hurt, but it was not infiltrated and she told me it was fine. It got to the point where I told them I was feeling better just so they would take it out. Well ever since then I have had issues with my veins in that hand, they get very swollen and hurt. My Dr. said it was just phlebitis and to put heat on it...ummm 5 months later, they still hurt and are even worse. So I go back to the Dr. and they give me an answer...they have no clue what is going on...great answer hunh. But they referred me to a vascular surgeon. I saw her yesterday, and she wants to cut it open. Fun hunh! Especially because I am right handed...so Monday I go back for an in office procedure where they will cut it open, drain some of the blood build up and try to figure out why it is happening. Luckily I won't have to be out of work, it will just put a damper on my mobility in that hand...especially when it comes to wiping my butt...LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yikes, Kim!!! That does not sound fun! Hopefully they figure it out!
Post a Comment