Monday, July 28, 2008

Jake's vacation with the sick

So Jake's vacation started out well...we had the wedding and then he put the patio stones in...from there it went down hill quick. McKenna got sick both Monday night and Tuesday night, but it was only once both nights so other than having to change her and the bedding, it wasn't to bad...that is until Wed when she was super clingy all day and wouldn't let anyone put her down...and then Jake got sick along with my Mom. Luckily I got the entire house cleaned from top to bottom because by Thursday morning Jake was feeling better and I was sicker than anyone them had gotten...I couldn't keep anything down and was always in the bathroom if you know what I mean. I was supposed to have a Dr's apt. but I was just to sick and because of the diabetes and not being able to eat or drink, I wanted to run it by my Dr. She said not to worry about the eating but try to keep fluids down and if I couldn't to head to the hospital. I waited it out for a while and then it was off to the hospital for me. My blood pressure was really high when I got there so we got sent to labor and delivery for monitoring...laying down was the cure for the blood pressure, it went down right away. So we spent the afternoon with me getting re hydrated. We all spent Friday recuperating...and by Sat. we were all feeling better and we went shopping, we got McKenna's birthday present and some things for the new baby. We were hoping to at least enjoy his last day of vacation at a friend's in their pool and having a nice dinner...but wouldn't you know, we had thunderstorms all day. We still had dinner but it was kind of a bummer. The best news of the week....McKenna is completely in her toddler bed without any resistance at all!!!! Woo Hoo!!! But poor Jake is now back to work...and his next vacation is going to be spent up all night with a newborn...I am surprised he hasn't run away yet!!!

No comments: